My Axie is hiding a lot/persisting fungus

t0risaur

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had my little guy for about 7 months now. He never would go into his little hiding place, or if he did it would be somewhat rare, but the past few days I've noticed he's in there all the time. I will bend down and he always comes out to see me and he doesnt seem to be stressed, but as soon as i move he scurries backwards into his house. he is getting older and i read that once they get to be adults they slow down a bit. Could that be it?

He's had red leg for a little bit but it stays minor because I'm treating him with furan-2. He's been on and off the medication for over a month and it wont quite go away as well.

Any advice?

Hey,
the behavior might just be him getting older, or it just could be a change in his personality?
However, I'm not sure about this, but maybe he's just trying to stay in the dark so he's more
comfortable since his leg hurts? also some pictures could really help us to see if its the leg which is causing him strife.

Good luck,

Sebguy

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back