My new snake :D :D :D

Azhael

Site Contributor
Joined
May 7, 2007
Messages
6,623
Reaction score
131
Points
0
Location
Burgos
Country
Spain
Display Name
Rodrigo
I received my new acquisition this morning. It´s a Lampropeltis getula goini, female.
I was looking for a L.g.getula, but they are almost impossible to find in europe, let alone in Spain....
The closest thing i could find was this naturally ocurring intergrade (and naturally ocurring intergrades are perfectly fine by me :D). Although this intergrade between L.g.getula x L.g.floridana is rather variable in coloration, i had the luck to find an individual for sale that almost looks like L.g.getula (i can´t believe it´s not butter!), so although i didn´t manage to find what i was looking for, i got the next best thing!

Sadly, i won´t be breeding this animal unless i were to find another goini of good genetics (not some boggus mix) which is not likely...this one was a very lucky fluke, really. If i ever happen to get my hands on some pure locality L.g.getula i will certainly breed those, but this female won´t even go near them.

Anyway, despite the fact that she is not the pure locality i was dreaming to find, she is a gorgeous animal indeed!!! She is CB, of course, 120 cm long more or less, apparently a very good eater (F/T, thank the gods!) and although she was very moody when i opened the package (nobody is blaming her xD), she has now calmed down and is a sweetheart. I only distubed her to take a couple of quick shots, and i won´t be disturbing her anymore for a couple of days.
One thing i absolutely love about this individual is that it conserves the L.g.getula head pattern almost to the point, which for some reason i find absolutely gorgeous.
I´m already in love with -Name to be asigned-.
 

Attachments

  • P1070789.JPG
    P1070789.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 396
  • P1070786.JPG
    P1070786.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
Hi

She is lovely I really like her patten.

I use to keep snakes as a kid, I remember once my brother got to close to one of them and she nearly bite his nose, It was so funny :D
 
I´ve seen that except the snake didn´t miss xDD

After discussing it with a friend (she has proclaimed herself co-owner of my snakes xD), we´ve settled in naming her Rhiannon. It kind of fits with my other snake, Morrigan :p Yes, i have a thing for celtic mythology, plus i really like the Fletwood Mac song xDD
I don´t name my animals anymore, but this one i was forced to under threat of being neutered.
 
Last edited:
Wow she's lovely :) My son (whos 3.5) thinks shes cool and has named her Fliddy, well yes as I said he's 3.5 :happy: Thankfully his naming is getting better. Hope she settles in quickly
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
    Back
    Top