My newest: Braxmar!

whyjune1st

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone I just wanted to introduce the newest addition to my axie family. This is Braxmar. I'm hoping she's a girl but at this point its too early to tell. She is currently in my ten gallon divided tank, between her and two african clawed frogs, so there are no issues between them untill she is large enough to go in with my males. She seems pretty intrigued with the albino frog as you can see in the pictures. So thats that, meet Braxmar.

Attachments

• CIMG0647.jpg
    CIMG0647.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 863
  • CIMG0618.jpg
    CIMG0618.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 296
  • CIMG0640.jpg
    CIMG0640.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 313
That is my albino frog, on the other side of the tank divider. She is looking at him. She goes over and hangs out with him anytime he's near the divider.

Thats cute as!
Can a frog do any damage to an axolotl? I know of stories of axies eating frogs...
But they are both adorable.

They are seperated by the divider so I don't think the frog will be an issue to the axie.

Beautiful little axie by the way!

There shouldn't be issues in terms of direct physical trauma due to the tank divider.

However other problems can potentially arise. For example, presence of another species can sometimes cause stress (predation reflex in prey animals).

Also, the ideal tank conditions (parameters, temperature, currents) suitable for one species may not be suitable for another.

In addition, there is always the biological threat of interspecies transmission of parasites and diseases.

Hi Braxmar!🤗

Frogs and axolotls aren't natural predators so if their water needs are same or similar or within, there should be no issues.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back