My other darts

berksmike

Reaction score
Country
England
Just thought I'd put some pictures up of my other darts.
These are my group of D.azureus - my first darts and in my opinion one of the most beautiful:

azureus.jpg

PoisonArrowFrog.jpg

azureus-1.jpg

And this is their tank ( a bit wild at the mo!):
azureustank.jpg

My other species are Oophaga pumilio "Isla Colon".
Again a beautiful frog but a little less robust than the azureus. These are egg feeders and I am hoping for some froglets off them soon:

ISLACOLON5.jpg

islacolon-1.jpg

Nice looking frogs.

Do you just keep darts.

No at the mo I have some albino African Clawed Frogs ( + 2 tanks of their youngsters) as well as some E.tricolor/anthonyi (+ 1 tank of their youngsters).
Also got a group of firebellied toads and axolotls.
Also got stick insects.. and the list goes on

Got a few species I definitely want - golden mantellas are one as well as D.mysteriosus.

Some great frogs you've got there. D. mysteriosus are awesome. I know Dartfrog had some a while ago.

Hi,
I couldn't help but notice the information sign you have next to your Azureus tank. Is your house open to the public or is that just for your own peace of mind?;)

Blackhawk

I was bored one night and made up some labels! Not open to the public but my friends always go up and have a look round.

I noticed that too - nice touch.

I would love some Epipedobates but I'm concerned about a) filling the house with tiny insect escapees and b) feeding during holidays etc.

Wonderful looking frogs though Mike..

Thank you! My frog room has quite a few spiders that seem to pick off escapees!
I have found if you rely on food other than crickets it seems to be less of a problem as they don't seem to be as resilient as crickets in terms of survival in the house.
Also if you use bean weevils and fruitflies they don't eat all your live plants like crickets do... plus they are easy to culture. If i do go away for a few days I just give them a bumper feed and they're fine - any longer than 5 days or so I get a friend to come in and feed them.
I would recommend E.tricolor/anthonyi - great bold little frogs with a lovely call. I've got a breeding group (http://www.caudata.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57628) so if you change your mind give me a shout as I may have froglets still.

I know what you mean! At least getting phantasmals into the house should be easier - they kind of match the sofa :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back