My Paludarium

citypalus

Reaction score
Country
United States
Back in October I decided to create a paludarium. I came across these concepts online when I started to imagine an enclosure for frogs. As a kid I had ideas that I couldn't possibly manage, just not having the funds or knowledge. I had taken flower pots from my mom and placed them in my aquarium and wanted to have the land/water possibility, I just didn't know how to do it. In any case this is my first experiment as an adult. I bought a ZooMed large paludarium, going high for a canopy as I thought I might have tree frogs. I had not done enough research on the species, but when I did I decided against frogs for two reasons: their need for live food and the inability to mix species, which I learned more about on here. I acquired some eastern Newts, which I had loved since I was a kid. This has been their home. Unfortunately mine have absolutely no interest in land whatsoever, so the upper part is just a larger terrarium. I have made many mistakes along the way, but learned so much. So thanks to this forum for sharing so much info and expertise.

Attachments

• palus1.jpg
    palus1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 929
  • palus2.jpg
    palus2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 196
  • newt1.jpg
    newt1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 191
  • newt2.jpg
    newt2.jpg
    950.4 KB · Views: 197
  • newt3.jpg
    newt3.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 207
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back