My wild type Albino

Ibkikn

Reaction score
Country
Australia
ibkikn-albums-my-axolotls-picture34368-my-wild-type-albino-female.jpg

Got 3 with interesting Albino / wild colouring, got these from a member as the last of the litter, were all quite stressed missing limbs etc, but all doing well now . =)

There is no such thing as a wild type albino. You have a light wild type. Sorry to be blunt. As an easy way to tell the difference, if it were any type of albino they would have red eyes instead of black. Not to mention albinos only really come in two types and are either totally white (white albinos) or golden (gold albinos).

If its eyes are red it could be a copper, but allied is right, albinos come in pink/white and yellow/gold.

That coloring is beautiful no matter what it is. But the gravel is not good for them.

Eek I didn't even realize that, gravel that size is the perfect size to get sucked up and kill your pretty axie

Well if I was going to be specific would have said it was a Leucistic / Wild but did not expect it to be a big deal, always have to check the spelling on Leucistic =)

Gravel, am well aware, so have the feeding area free of gravel.

Okay it's definitely not a Lucy either, and I am no expert by far. Unless it's a chimera its not possible for it to be two things. maybe you should see some actual lucies and wild types and you'll see the difference and that your pretty axie is simply a light wild type.

Also it's good that your feeding area is clear of gravel but that doesn't mean your axie couldn't accidentally ingest some. They aren't the smartest creatures and it's much better safe than sorry gravel is probably the biggest no-no in the axie world. Again sorry to be blunt but it doesn't seem like you're getting the point that gravel is incredibly dangerous and pointlessly so.

When I got them they were all quite pale and assumed they were all I thought Leucistic's, this wild type colouring has developed as they got bigger.

Would have no idea what specifically to class them as, but do love the colouring and have only ever had dark Axolotols exhibit the same spotted colourations.

Gravel - understand I will never get any approval off the forums regarding gravel in the tank. For me I use the finest gravel I can find and never feed them on the gravel, not had a problem ever in probably 10 years now, and is just my preferred tank environment.
That being said juveniles and young Axolotls I will raise in a bare bottom tank until they are of a decent size.

I posted to see what people thought of the colouration, not for another gravel discussion.

=)

Quite an interesting color...almost purple.

I notice the red gills, same as my olive (with purple hue) wildtype.

Does it have any colors in its eyes, like a gold ring?

What a beauty. That is very similar to the one I had when I was a kid 30 years ago.

When I got them they were all quite pale and assumed they were all I thought Leucistic's, this wild type colouring has developed as they got bigger.

Would have no idea what specifically to class them as, but do love the colouring and have only ever had dark Axolotols exhibit the same spotted colourations.

Gravel - understand I will never get any approval off the forums regarding gravel in the tank. For me I use the finest gravel I can find and never feed them on the gravel, not had a problem ever in probably 10 years now, and is just my preferred tank environment.
That being said juveniles and young Axolotls I will raise in a bare bottom tank until they are of a decent size.

I posted to see what people thought of the colouration, not for another gravel discussion.

=)

Well, your preferred tank environment ask you put it puts your axolotls at a tremendous risk of impaction. Ignorance is not bliss for a suffering axie that could have a horrible death due to your substrate . Of course you will never get approval on the forums for gravel what do you expect? Be decent and do those beautiful lil guys a favor- go with sand!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +2
    Back