Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Nearlly finished my tank

cody

Reaction score
1 large bunch of elodea an 1 small
1 bunch or rush
1 large an 1 small anubia
1 large bunch of cambomba
1 bunch of blue stricta
an some pollywort
36"by15"by18"
Large air driven clear-free air driven filter
an a resun king l-1 internal filter with a spraybar
river scene back drop
3 mediuym to large axolotls
now i just need a light
36119.jpg

S

sharon

That is really nice looking... I'm just not thrilled with the small pebble substrate but it looks fantastic!! Good job!

S

sharn

mmm small pebbles look a bit dodgy but i suppose theyll be eating out of that dish. wish i could be botherd planting my tank! looks great *jealous look*

cody

Reaction score
Honestly ive neva had a problem with axies eating the substrate an ive neva found substrate in there fecal matter if they get some in there mouth they just spit it out

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1