Need a little help with frog eggs...

jane1187

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some Litoria caerulea eggs. Half remained with the adults, and half came with me. Th half with the adults have grown and hatched... Mine seem to be stalling.

They started out black, then turned a little white as they started to grow. Now they've sort of stalled and are half black and half white, or all white. They're not going fuzzy and my water quality is great, and they're at about 24 degrees C... Any ideas?

With newt eggs they change colour in a similar way as they grow, and then you start to see the 'C' shape of the larvae within. These eggs are not doing anything.

How long do they typically take to grow. They were laid a week ago so I expected to see change by now.

To be honest I think they're dead... no change, and a few are starting to go fuzzy. Very sad day for me :( Was really looking forward to raising them.

If anyone still wants to reply with thoughts please do... I would like to know what I did wrong. I'm thinking an issue with transport? They may have gotten too cold while transporting them from A to B as they had to sit in the car for a little while at work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back