Need help selling babies

Tiff3325

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been raising my first set of axolotls and I'm having a hard time selling them. Any recommendations would be great prices how to everything and anything please

Because they produce so many eggs/babies, why don't you give them away?? HIgh school science classes might like them. I had them in my classroom when I was teaching.

Because they produce so many eggs/babies, why don't you give them away?? HIgh school science classes might like them. I had them in my classroom when I was teaching.
Well right now I have a lot of money tied up in raising them

You can try reaching out to local pet shops/ fish stores in your area to resell. When I had this problem I had a nice deal going with a local shop to trade axolotls for store credit. They didn't offer me much but it helped when I had 30 juveniles to find homes for.

You can try reaching out to local pet shops/ fish stores in your area to resell. When I had this problem I had a nice deal going with a local shop to trade axolotls for store credit. They didn't offer me much but it helped when I had 30 juveniles to find homes for.
I did call all local shops they're not interested. But thank you

Well right now I have a lot of money tied up in raising them
How much have you spent to raise them?
Mine cost almost nothing to raise its only the time spent faffing with them that I would say they have cost me.
If you can't get sales then I expect the local market is saturated or they are just not popular where you live.
I appreciate this post is a few months old. I hope you managed to sell them!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back