Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

need to rehome my axie ASAP (surrendering)

pickel!

Reaction score
if you are open to taking in a likely very sick and stressed axolotl and you are near the Topeka, Kansas area, please let me know.

i've had him for two to three years and the whole time i've felt unsure that he was healthy and happy. right now, he's eating regularly and seems okay in most aspects. he's gone through major trauma from my own negligence and my cats terrorizing him.

i just know the best solution is to surrender him to someone who can properly help him and get him back to a healthy and happy status, that is, if he's not already beyond that.

he has a 20 gallon long tank i'm willing to give up as well with a HOB fluval filter. all of this is free, obviously. he just needs a better home.

and apologies in advance, i'm very emotionally torn about this whole situation so whoever picks him up will likely meet me sobbing. i've attached pictures so everyone knows what they're dealing with.

**edit: i can likely meet up with you if you are willing to go out of your way to drive out from a different state, but i'd prefer if it was someone nearby who can pick him up from the house.

20210428_153028.jpg20210428_153035.jpg20210428_153102.jpg

Attachments

• 20210428_153024.jpg
    20210428_153024.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 287

axolotl nerd

Reaction score
i’d be more than willing to take him. because im a minor i’d have to go with my father, which might be a little awkward for the both of us. i’d make him stay in the car though - here for hugs if you need them :)

Chak

Reaction score
if you are open to taking in a likely very sick and stressed axolotl and you are near the Topeka, Kansas area, please let me know.

i've had him for two to three years and the whole time i've felt unsure that he was healthy and happy. right now, he's eating regularly and seems okay in most aspects. he's gone through major trauma from my own negligence and my cats terrorizing him.

i just know the best solution is to surrender him to someone who can properly help him and get him back to a healthy and happy status, that is, if he's not already beyond that.

he has a 20 gallon long tank i'm willing to give up as well with a HOB fluval filter. all of this is free, obviously. he just needs a better home.

and apologies in advance, i'm very emotionally torn about this whole situation so whoever picks him up will likely meet me sobbing. i've attached pictures so everyone knows what they're dealing with.

**edit: i can likely meet up with you if you are willing to go out of your way to drive out from a different state, but i'd prefer if it was someone nearby who can pick him up from the house.

View attachment 88326View attachment 88327View attachment 88328
Poor baby! I hope you can find a home for him. I would take him in but you're a while away. If he finds a proper home I would say he can definitely recover, only if the person knows what they're doing of course. Good luck!

TheAngel1270

Reaction score
I live in Springfield, Missouri but if you're open to meeting halfway I could probably take him or her if you think he/she would stand a longish car ride.

Embean87

Reaction score

View attachment 88326View attachment 88327View attachment 88328
Did you find a home?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1