New Aquaterrarium Project 19 gallons

the javat

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi all!

I'll start with a new project , I hope that I keep him lol :)

The acuaterarium can be good habitat for several species of amphibians, so the tenants will choose when and constructed and finished ! ; )

For now I only miss the plans with measurements, and more or less captured with drawings ( bad thing by the way haha)

The idea is to make a acuaterrarium with a small aquatic part on the front , and the rest will be as typical of dendrobates vivarium .

It explained perhaps not well understood , but when you start to build it and finish it going to work to see that I have now in my head lol : P

On Monday give me the crystals , and begin to build. I updated as finishing processes go ^^

34gwo4g.jpg

2akb9ki.jpg

A greeting and thanks for visiting the post !

Hi all!

Thank you for your comments and for visiting! I hope to have acceptance and you see the evolution: D

For you see, the assembly of the crystals also I do, yes;)
In fact these measures 60 x 40 cm is because it is a piece of furniture I have just such measures :)

Well guys, this day I have been preparing the polyurethane background.

What I do is first cut some cardboard with the measurements of the glass, and then on those cards cast polyurethane. Once it is dry, detachment carton and remove a little thick.

Until mount crystals and has no internal measures, I can not cut as polyurethane. Once the terrarium is assembled, is being placed in the polyurethane, it is fitting, cutting and removing as to what everything is about right: P

Once the polyurethane parts are in perfect measure, the sack of the terrarium and is when I start painting. Some blacks browns and whites are perfect!

I hate to put brown or black silicone and then coir mp ... It is more real, lose, also I miss so .... but then what upholster plants and everything and just really gives a little;)

I put some pictures! Greetings and thank you

jgsi8n.jpg

2jajn1h.jpg

2q83peq.jpg

I've been thinking of trying the foam for a background when I redo my Alpine newt tank, I look forward to seeing how yours turns out. :)

Hi guys!

Today I have become the background of polyurethane ! ;) As by mowing and painting .

To make more cuts and , if there are gaps or porosity of polyurethane , paint it well though , are noticed ! But no problem , because it is covered with moss once this all mounted , and looks great ^^

You'll see when you go finishing the details I am saying , quite well the change is noticeable lol : P
vdk5zd.jpg

2cifst3.jpg

A dry and overlapping time :)
2yycmt1.jpg

[IMG http://i68.tinypic.com/hvxvft.jpg[/IMG]

A greeting!

You are welcome! Thank you :D

Well guys , I come with photos! And fresh from the oven lol :p

I've hit the glass of the casket , and the glass that separated the aquatic part of the earth ! The glass previously been painted blue , and looks great ^^

The last thing I 'm going to hit when mounted and all , going to be the cover. Also some photos of the overlapping glass, so you can see how it will cover .

It is an open-air design , use far both vivariums and terrariums , moisture is maintained and in turn is complete ventilation. Not like an exo -terra , of course, but remember that what I maintain , are urodeles in principle ! :)

Here the pictures mount ! Now let it dry , 24-48h and keep riding ! ;)

2yzdl36.jpg

ftniw8.jpg

fkzds9.jpg

2nu4owp.jpg

zmin1l.jpg

27xfrck.jpg

2yxf1xv.jpg

289iltx.jpg

And when it has dried a little silicon crystals , beginning to set and adjust the background polyurethane well : D

Is already installed! Now you have to wait a few days to test the terrarium , if you have a leak, if something retouching, etc

And to start putting soil, land drainage and other ^^

:guay:

2rw2eme.jpg

Thank you! The truth is going fast! ( yloquebabeo ..) : P

I put the screen lighting is a craft , which is often used in many vivariums . When you see the picture you will recognize lol :)

LED`s thought but I put a lot of budget will also not lit :( so effectively and spread like light bulbs form . These screens are 1500Lm 30W bulbs each
rgytf5.jpg

Well here I go with a little updating , I will fast lol ^^

Since this glass top in place, the water wasted, and with floating plants inside, to see how everything grows !

Now we just have to put the land part , what I find most difficult , but what are the best :)
2exnhab.jpg

2mqsqqt.jpg

25zq88w.jpg

Hi all! : D

I'm happy , because I is almost complete! Or maybe finished whole : P You who think? ^^

The arrangement of sticks, leaves and rocks, seems to me correct, I think that was not entirely evil , see what you advise me here lol

A greeting and I hope you enjoy ;)

11wbxoz.jpg

zqyde.jpg

2ntcsn4.jpg

Crystal stones in the separator so that it does not show . And more floating plants !

Only some natural plant is put on the floor and the bottom of polyurethane :D

2zhmcck.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back