Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New Article: Chorus Frogs & Chytrid-confusing new reports

findi

Herpetologist & Author
Reaction score

Hi All,
Are Pacific Chorus Frogs, Pseudacris regilla, driving other amphibians to extinction? A recent study revealed that the tiny frogs often carry a fungus (Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis, or Chytrid) that has been implicated in the extinction of 200+ amphibian species. Chorus Frogs seem largely immune to the disease, but may spread it to other species that share their habitat, including the endangered Mountain Yellow-Legged Frog, Rana mucosa. However, I believe there is more to the story…Read article here: Chorus Frogs and Chytrid Bacteria - a Look at the Confusing new Reports | That Reptile Blog
Comments and questions appreciated,

Thanks, Frank

http://twitter.com/#!/findiviglio

Frank Indiviglio | Facebook

Bio: That Pet Place welcomes Zoologist/Herpetologist Frank Indiviglio to That Reptile Blog | That Reptile Blog

andreajo

Reaction score
Re: New Article: Chorus Frogs & Chytrid - confusing new reports

Thanks for sharing. We have tons of chorus frogs here in northern Idaho, making lots of noise right now. I look forward to reading this.:happy:

findi

Herpetologist & Author
Reaction score
Re: New Article: Chorus Frogs & Chytrid - confusing new reports

Thanks for the kind words, I hope you enjoy the article and the frogs...they are getting quite hard to find here in s. NY, best Frank

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!