Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New Blue Spotted Sala Owner

Blackfungus89

Reaction score
Hello everyone, was hoping someone could help me out , im a lil scared that my lil set up i have my my 2 salas is to small, was hoping maybe another Experienced Blue spoted owner can help me out by maybe sending a list or description of what you did for the housing for them and if i should be "misting" it everyday or something, please and thanks :p

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
You can keep blue-spotted sals in the same type of setup as tiger salamanders. You can find that information here.

As for space, I wouldn't keep any more than 2 in a 10 gallon.

Wolferic

Reaction score
Looks a little to moist for my liking but other then that its ok.. just make sure the blue spotted can get out of that water dish... not sure how deep it is.. but just make sure the dish is a easy in and out for them.. Maybe put some debris in it..? SO they can climb in and out.. though other then that like i said it seems like a good set up:>

Wolferic

Reaction score
Though i would give them some more hiding spots... Like maybe some bark from a tree and make like a little burrow for them to ambush the crickets or what ever creepy crawlies you have in there for them to eat?

Blackfungus89

Reaction score
Thanks again for the info greatly apriciate it!! Now just got to wait till I get paid lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1