Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New pics of Pira and Ori w/new setup

Terri9967

Reaction score
I decided after I took everything out to clean their tank, I was gonna do some changes to their home.

Let me know what you think......

Will post all the pics in my profile.

Attachments

• 101_1413.jpg
    101_1413.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 264
  • 101_1415.jpg
    101_1415.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 218
  • 101_1417.jpg
    101_1417.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 182
  • 101_1421.jpg
    101_1421.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 207
  • 101_1428.jpg
    101_1428.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 205
  • 101_1494.jpg
    101_1494.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 207
  • 101_1430.jpg
    101_1430.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 101B1440.jpg
    101B1440.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 201

kclinton

Reaction score
I like it were did you get the rock cave? In the second pic. Did you have to make the plants, or did they come with the rocks on the bottom so they would stay down. I love the color of your axies colors were did you get them?

Terri9967

Reaction score
I like it were did you get the rock cave? In the second pic. Did you have to make the plants, or did they come with the rocks on the bottom so they would stay down. I love the color of your axies colors were did you get them?

Hi Kclinton

I got the rock caves from my local pet store in the reptile section. The plants you see with the little rocks on the base were made that way. My local pet store had them and I was surprised that they were actually really cheap. My axies I got from a guy in Calif. I am waiting to find a wild one. With having a 55 gallon tank I am hoping to be able to keep at least 3 maybe 4 in there. I also have a 35 gallon tank all ready for when and if I have the pleasure of having babies. My local pet shop wants me to breed for them. But I wont agree to that unless they let me set up the tanks for them and they have to agree to give the flyer I am making with the CORRECT way to take care of them to everyone that purchases one. All the other rocks in the tank I got from the lake here, boiled them for several hours to make sure there was nothing toxic on them.

I have a bad habit of rearranging my rooms in my house and I guess that habit has carried over to my axies home. Usually every couple months I change things around a bit. They are sooooo spoiled. Ori, my white one, is my fav. he/she comes to the front of the tank when I walk up and always has a smile on his/her face. Pira, my golden, is huge!!! And a brute!! They were both hatched out of small batch, so I am surprised how much bigger Pira is. But I love them both!!

Kerry1968

Reaction score
It's great to see how much your two have grown! How old are they now? How long are they? They certainly look healthy and happy! I'm the same with my four foot tank, always re-arranging when I do a good clean up! *smiles* Kerry.

ellenant

Reaction score
I especially like the golden axolotl.:D
I like your tank!
I bought similar plastic plants here in NZ,
yes, they are cheap and really convinient
with that stone at the bottom.

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The new tank set up looks great Terri and the bubs have grown so much!

I try not to play favorites with my axies, but I must admit that as ugly as he is my Vader will always be closest to my heart... :eek:

I have enormous respect for plastic plants that are cheap and have solid foundations strong enough to withstand a charging axolotl. ;)

Terri9967

Reaction score
It's great to see how much your two have grown! How old are they now? How long are they? They certainly look healthy and happy! I'm the same with my four foot tank, always re-arranging when I do a good clean up! *smiles* Kerry.

Hi Kerry

My babies were hatched in mid Feb. Pira is about 7 inches now and Ori is a bit smaller. They certainly keep me company.

Terri9967

Reaction score
The new tank set up looks great Terri and the bubs have grown so much!

I try not to play favorites with my axies, but I must admit that as ugly as he is my Vader will always be closest to my heart... :eek:

I have enormous respect for plastic plants that are cheap and have solid foundations strong enough to withstand a charging axolotl. ;)

I can not get over how fast they grow. And they have developed their own little personalities. And I love my plastic plants too. Not many real plants you can get that would survive in a axies tank that are so colorful lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!