Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New species <i>Pseudohynobius kuankuoshuiensis </i> to be described!

H

houmian

In next volume of ¡¶Acta Zootaxonomica Sinica¡·will appeared a new Chinese salamander, by the name of Pseudohynobius kuankuoshuiensis.If anyone want the article PDF file, please tell me your E-mail when it appeared I'll send to you in first time, Cheers!

wouter

Reaction score
HouMain, you've got my e-mail... I'm very curious!

TJ

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Mian! Please send me one too
biggrin.gif

In the meantine, the source listed below has this to say:

"The Kuankuoshui population morphologically resembles P. flavomaculatus (Wu et al., 1986), but phylogenetically it is more closely related to P. shuichengensis."

Cryptic species and systematics of the hynobiid salamanders of the Liua--Pseudohynobius complex: Molecular and phylogenetic perspectives
by Xiaomao Zeng, Jinzhong Fu, Liqiao Chen, Yingzhou Tian and Xiaohong Chen
Biochemical Systematics and Ecology 34 (2006)

The PDF is openly available at: http://texas.amphibiatree.org/files/active/0/ZengLiua.pdf

Kuankuoshui is the name of a nature reserve in the south-central province of Guizhou that is due to be designated a national park, according to something else I read.

H

houmian

Excuse me! I must regretful tell everybody the article print time was postpone by typeset matter, the publish time change to next March in No.1 issue with ¡¶Acta Zootaxonomica Sinica¡·.
And have a good news , a new species Pseudohynobius jinfoshanensis maybe will publish in next 3 months with a English journal.

H

henk

Wel keep me/us informed on the English publication. It's easier to read for us
biggrin.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1