Newbie question on tree frogs

K

kris

Please bear with me new to the game. I am considering frogs as a new pet. Couple of questions though, I love the green tree frogs and think this is the route I will take. Is it best to just have a single frog or two? Would a tree frog be a good start for a beginner? On another note, would it be possible to have both frogs and salamanders in the same tank? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. I have spent several hours reading though posts here and have found it very helpful, keep up the good info
happy.gif

Thanks,

DON'T MIX WITH OTHER SPECIES!!!!!!
Treefrogs are OK and a lot easier than other types of frogs, but every beginner can make mistakes (like myself when it comes to frogs...:\) Greens are good especially if you live inside their range as you get good temps a bit easier. I would get two but it doesn't really matter unless of course you want to breed. I don't really keep frogs so I can't tell you anymore
Good luck!
Chris

If you want to start keeping frogs as pets I think the frog you should start with would have to be the korean fire-bellied toad, a very interesting, lively, sturdy animal which is rather easily kept , freely available at reasonable prices(preferably get them from breeders, not the pet trade) and there is a lot of information on the net about how to exactly keep them, greets, robbos

i think a common white tree frog is also a good frog for a interested hobbyist to start with

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back