Newbie with babies due any day now

nomnom91

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey guys I am in Melbourne Australia and have babies ready to hatch any day now I have a white albino Mum and dad is a melanoid and babies are showing glowing under blue light and so many patterns any tips or info that can help with food in Melbourne as I am having to get interstate at the moment due to lock down

Mum was a rescue and slowly growing arm back and gills dad joined us not long after

Attachments

• 45A67D96-88BE-4F69-8D9C-1755B5AC7820.jpeg
    45A67D96-88BE-4F69-8D9C-1755B5AC7820.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 203
Hi,
When they hatch, your babies will stay without eating about 2 days.
Once their vitelline vesicle is empty, they'll need little live preys like Daphnias, Cyclops or baby brine shrimps.
I've not yet tried this but mosquito larvae hatchlings may also work, if other solutions are not available, if the water is really shallow (1/2 inch or so)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back