Newt eggs

Canecorsonewt

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Cliff
I just got some newts a few months ago and my female wont stop laying eggs. I only have one java fern in their it has about 15 leaves on it. She has each leaf folded at least twice. I have taken out about 10 to see if i can keep them alive. But i cant take care of 30 of these guys. Should i leave the rest of the eggs in their. See what happens buy the way she smells them and i think checks them and always hangs buy them. Can i slow down breading process? Water temp ,food? Now temp is always under 70f 90% diet is frozen blood worms i pick the fat worms other wise meal worms after they shed.

Are they the same Central newts in your description? I'd make sure they are fertile and sell them, any Notophthalmus (Probably butchered the name) are hard to come by, especially captive bred specimens

I got them of ebay was told Louisiana newts fully aquatic. They look like red spotted newts without spots. I have a floating dock in their he has never been on it. She goes on it my be 2 3 times a week but stays on the little part half under water. Not now she stays buy her eggs. The eggs should be good some have little newts in their that move around. They are about 3 weeks but she is still laying more . Tell me how to pack them ill ship them to you. Im in duluth mn its around 10 f getting colder. I have been watching ihtw on YouTube on how to raise them . But wow lots of eggs.

Well I'm not in the U.S. anymore, but I'm saying that you can put them up for sale, people in the U.S. will probably end up buying them, as the entire genus your newts belong, are not common, especially Captive Bred

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back