Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Newt has white infront of back leg

lilmiklo916

Reaction score
I've taken more pictures of her leg i can't seem to tell what it is I feel bad Cuz I can't tell if its ick or bloat please I've looked it up and no-one has anything similar I'll upload pics to my albums.

Asevernnnn

Reaction score
It looks like a sore to me, I would isolate it into an escape proof container with moist paper for substrate and apply some neosporin without painkillers, and hopefully someone else can add on to that

Asevernnnn

Reaction score

lilmiklo916

Reaction score
This is just my opinion but it looks worsening

It looks like he has a kidney stone coming out of his side I did the thing with the neosporine which made him more active but it looks like he's going to explode I'll upload a picture

Asevernnnn

Reaction score
Re: This is just my opinion but it looks worsening

Can you just continue using the same thread instead of creating a new one.
And did your neosporin have pain killers in it? Also if sand or gravel got into the wound it definitely wouldn't help.
And sorry but, I'm at a loss on what it is.

Asevernnnn

Reaction score
Re: He looks like hes dying

Can you please stop making several threads and just continue posting on one thread, theres not always someone who knows how to deal with this issue on the forum 24/7

lilmiklo916

Reaction score
Re: This is just my opinion but it looks worsening

Yeah I used the pain killer less neosperine and he seemed happier but now he looks worse Idk what to do because I've tried everything you guys suggested and none seemed to work

slowfoot

Reaction score
I took a look at your pictures. Sorry to say that your newt looks extremely ill and like it is beyond help at this point.

There really isn't much you can do beyond the advice you've been given unless you wanted to spend money on a very good exotics vet.

Asevernnnn

Reaction score
If a vet isn't an option for you, euthanizing it might be a good idea, I don't know if this kind of injury would go away using home methods, Ive never seen anything like it before

Last edited:
C

Cliygh and Mia

I don't mean to be grim, but when you look at the first picture, it looks like the skin fell of around his intestinal reigon, and I am trying to put this lightly, but you might need to euthanize him.

sde

Reaction score
I don't mean to be grim, but when you look at the first picture, it looks like the skin fell of around his intestinal reigon, and I am trying to put this lightly, but you might need to euthanize him.

I agree, at this point recovery is not likely, so there is no reason to let him suffer. I am sorry to say it, though.

lilmiklo916

Reaction score
Before I seen your posts and comments I didn't know euthanizing was an option and sadly it hurts to say it but he passed on his own naturally while I was gone so he's dead and my other one seems happy but I'm wondering if the disease is contagious

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!