Newt Pics

Those are neat.. Do they live outside of the water?
Yes, I have not seen any of mine go into the water. Ever. I do mist the tank about once a week to keep up the moisture though.

Here is a video of one of mine eating some black worms. I purchased two of them from the OP and they are both doing great and growing faster than I expected. They're by far my two favorite newts. Sorry for the camera angle, I put my phone in the tank with them. If I get any interest, I'll be posting more videos and photos of them as I raise them. They've already grown quite a bit since I received them.

QwlepXm

Feeding my Echinotriton Andersoni - YouTube

Amazing looking, they have obviously had plenty of carotenoid rich foods,the golden colour is very nice . My specimens has a paler yellow keep the pictures coming please and their setups.your posts with these animals will be invaluable , as they are so rare

EDIT: sorry I'm trying to post pictures with my phone. Sorry for the above post...

tumblr_n7u2q2MvXV1r2d5qeo1_1280.jpg

Hopefully you can breed them and offer some to us :)

Congratulations bud. Seems like alot of fun and excitement.. lol. Those are also beautiful newts

I'm really thinking of getting some in the future. Hope you have a male and female. How long does this species take to sexually mature?

I'm really thinking of getting some in the future. Hope you have a male and female. How long does this species take to sexually mature?

A long time. I've read 5-8 years. I wish I could find more for sale. I only bought two and If they're not male and female then we're all out of luck.

1410931501828-dumpfm-elfluuva-photo-1.JPG

1410931505455-dumpfm-elfluuva-photo-2.JPG

New photos of each. Though it doesn't look like it in the photos, one is much larger than the other.

I got a new camera!
1413807363987-dumpfm-elfluuva-newt2.JPG

1413807358950-dumpfm-elfluuva-newt.JPG

No editing was done to these photos. No color correction or anything like that. Enjoy.

Just getting into this thread now...WOW!!

Neidhardt: how are the larvae coming along? Any more metamorphose?

Jesse: awesome pics of your little guys!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back