Newt wasteland in Los Angeles also Hello!

soulection

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone I've just finished building a paludarium with a waterfall and have been looking for newts at literally all of the pet stores around me and they tell me newts and salamanders are illegal to import or something like that please excuse my ignorance on this topic but if anyone could give me a few tips on where I could adopt/buy newts or even salamanders I'd greatly appreciate it thank you beautiful people.

track43

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tell me about it. I've been looking in LA for several months now. There will be a reptile convention in Victorville in the end of June. I'll hope to drive out and find something then. Also, there will be the big reptile convention in LA in August. And of course, as Otterwoman said, there's the FS section.

Crazy that there are so few breeders in CA.

Good luck!

Snakebytes4324

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
snakebytes4324
Haven't seen really any amphibians besides dart frogs for sale in southern California. The last time I saw one at an LPS was in 2014 or 2015. There was a trade ban where it is illegal to import salamanders. One time I have seen a marbled salamander at the Pomona reptile expo, nice to see also since its illegal to possess I believe in California because it's apart of the Ambystoma family. If you want to see some newts/salamanders I guess you'll just have to travel up north, there's nothing here in Southern California.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AlexisJG:
    As long as they don’t seem stressed that’s good and I mean hey if their well fed maybe they’ll live long happy lives together.
    +2
    Unlike
  • HalfDrunkToast:
    oh ya they are happy xD every time i come in to my room my Koy betta is like HI HI HI and actively swimming around
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Calgarycoppers has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Nerodia1:
    Děkuji za přijetí. Hledám tohoto obojživelníka, Typhlonectes compressicauda, nevíte, kde ho získat, nejlépe někde v Evropě.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Caudex has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    VEEK has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Lanalotl:
    My axie is acting woerd he was a rescue as stated in a different post he got better and now seems to be deteriorating again...again all tank conditions are OK and as should be. He seems to have some black dapple like pattern under his bottom lip? Is that normal? And his two back feet have a little wierd growth? Almost? Tiny tiny tiny lump. His capillaries in his feathers also appear darker and more visible. Any help would be appreciated
    +1
    Unlike
  • Lanalotl:
    Hes a leucistic axie
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    AmphibiGirl has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Dibgame:
    Hey guys. First time on this forum and im not sure what formatting i should use but hey here i go.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Jadezoey:
    Hi! I'm being in a hard position where I have to re-home my axolotls. I'm moving out and I would like to find them a new home with someone who can take proper care of them
    +1
    Unlike
  • Jadezoey:
    I have an adult wild type and a juvenile leucistc
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • BigAl:
    Oops my bad accidentally sent that
    +1
    Unlike
  • Binditheaxolotl:
    @HalfDrunkToastLol
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieMomma87:
    is anyone online???
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Calgarycoppers has joined the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Calgarycoppers has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieMomma87:
    Are you still here
    +1
    Unlike
  • ZayneSantos:
    Is there anyone on who can give me advice?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Max2445:
    @ZayneSantos, What advice do you need
    +1
    Unlike
  • KrabzAga:
    based on this video what type of salamander might this larva be? I suspect either eastern newt or spotted salamander
    +1
    Unlike
  • KrabzAga:
    help appreciated
    +1
    Unlike
  • KrabzAga:
    they are from missouri
    +1
    Unlike
    KrabzAga: they are from missouri +1