Newts! I need newts!

DSmiths2

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello All:
I am a school teacher and my class really wants to get some newts. They did research on them and I talked them up since, when I was a kid, I got newts in every pet store in NY for less that $2.00. Well - now I learn that under new regulations, NY pet stores don't sell newts, sketchy online stores want $25 and up per newt to mail me newts with huge shipping charges, and I have 25 sad students! LOL
Do any of you know of any local Long Island breeders or keepers of newts who I could get a couple of newts from?

Bump.

I remember seeing newts in all pet stores in NY. Mostly California Newts. I miss them and would love to have some too. I currently have 1 Eastern Newt. Had him for about 4 years.

@DSmiths2 - I don't have any additional info for finding local newts in NY, but for better visibility, post your request in the Wanted section or keep an eye on the For Sale - USA section for anyone in NY.

I actually got some of mine from a breeder up north in the neighboring state to NY. Not sure if he has any but the lineage is apart of the Macke line, the researcher whose wrote up most of the Caudata articles.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +2
    Back