Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

NY expo this Sunday

monkeyfrogman28

Reaction score
I would love to know who is going. I will be there with a black "Got Frogs" shirt. My name is Craig so say hi if you see me. I am 6'5 just incase someone else has the same shirt.

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's Sunday Jan 24...I won't be making this one, but I'll be at the next one, on April 18. Hope you have fun!

monkeyfrogman28

Reaction score
That's Sunday Jan 24...I won't be making this one, but I'll be at the next one, on April 18. Hope you have fun!

OH I will have fun. I will take pictures as long as I dont forget the camera again. I will also be at the April expo for both NH & NY. I hope to see a good caudate selection with cool temps. I am going for feeders and browsing for Tree frogs.

Also Otter, I love your Avatar pictures. Too funny!

Last edited:

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be there for the third time in a row. Once more I'll be helping Mike and Richard at Black Jungle. I'll be dressed in black, with a black Caudata.org T-Shirt. Please come and say hello, even if I look busy. I'm always delighted to meet new people, especially caudata.org members. Hopefully this time I won't come home with the flu!

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Met a ton of people today. Good to meet you Craig (Monkeyfrogman), and I finally met Alex Shepack. Since there was virtually no salamander/newt representation due to Michael Shrom not being in attendance, Black Jungle had a run on their Cynops cyanurus.

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
I was thinking of you guys. It was nice to have some down time. The next Ny expo is April 18 2010. I'll be there with my trusty side kick Otterwoman.

monkeyfrogman28

Reaction score
It was great show. I enjoyed meeting you john. I will be at the next show in April so I will get to meet michael and Otterwoman.

Decent showing of frogs but really no caudates except for a few WC fire salamaders. I did pick up 3 clown tree frogs and crickets ect...

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Bit early to speculate, but if I do attend in April it is likely to be in a personal capacity rather than working.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1