Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Odd Worms in Tank???

pygmyelephant

Reaction score
My p. waltls have been sitting out of the water quite a bit- oddly enough preferring on top of my filter rather than their dock. At first I thought it was just them being adults, shifting behavior a bit. After a while I noticed they would spend the majority of the day out and it raised concern. My parameters were a bit off in the water so I started adjusting but as time goes on they spend more time out of the water. Finally tonight, I was looking in the tank and found a few worms. So far it looks like it's a small population. I have taken everything but the filter out and suctioned everything off the (bare) bottom. I didn't do an immediate water change or put them in a different tank because I'm worried about shocking them with brand new water. However, if it is proved to not cause an issue, I will do it. I wanted to post images to see if anyone could hopefully identify what these are. I also will include a very sad sketch of what they look like to me, because unfortunately my phone camera could not really capture much detail and it is my only resource. (Upon previewing I see that my images uploaded sideways, my apologies)
Sidenote: I feed them pellets and red worms, nothing live.
I will be contacting an exotic vet in the morning. I do however value the opinion and experience of the community and therefore wanted to ask about this.

Attachments

• 20161024_235600.jpg
    20161024_235600.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 203
  • 20161024_234528.jpg
    20161024_234528.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 20161024_235300.jpg
    20161024_235300.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 176
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!