Oh no! Some sort of parasite! Anchor worm?

Vesp

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Vesp
So, first off what is this?
And how do I treat it?

Just barely noticed this. Not sure when it happened since I was gone for a while and had parents take care of them.

Attachments

• 20130704_152901.jpg
    20130704_152901.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,797
  • 20130704_152756.jpg
    20130704_152756.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 2,190
  • 20130704_152645.jpg
    20130704_152645.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,972
So I think What I need to do is get and treat them with dimilin, and clean out and sterilize the tank completely. Remove all current plant life, sterilize their hiding spots, completely just kill off everything and restart the tank completely new. While giving them treatments.

It doesn't quite look like the photos I've seen of anchor worm - it is usually more thread-like. But the treatment you are planning may work for this parasite too, assuming that it is a parasite.

Hmm so if not anchor worm what could they be? It's so strange it just came out of no where. Havent even added any new life to the tank in months.

Does anyone know a cheap source of the dimilin? I can only find a large quantity online for $16 which is way over kill. Since it treats like 25K gallons.

I have purchased some dimillin -- just for future reference if anyone comes across this, I'd be happy to send you some/trade/sell some -- I spent $22 on it, and have enough to treat 25,000 US gallons.

So I have more than enough to help you out. Just message me.
Would do it in trade for eggs or larva especially! :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back