Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Outdoor vivarium information

outdoorvivaria

Reaction score
Hi guys I have been keeping and breeding reptiles and amphibians in outdoor vivarium for the past few years with great success. When I started there was very little information available on the internet so I set up the outdoor vivaria forum. we now have a comunity of experienced outdoor herpers with a multitude of information on the forums. If you are interested in starting an outdoor vivarium or are very experienced in the field we would would love to hear from you and about about your herps.

Outdoor Vivaria - Home

Below are some pictures of vivariums that are on the forum

Gallaica.jpg

storm2.jpg

porthmadog08067.jpg

P5230004.jpg

Last edited:

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
The first thing I learned when I visited your forum is that a Mom lost 46 lbs following one rule. Cheeky :p.

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I´ve visited your forum in the past, it has some lovely photos and outdoor vivaria ideas. However, sadly, the traffic on the caudate sections is...well.....dead.

outdoorvivaria

Reaction score
I´ve visited your forum in the past, it has some lovely photos and outdoor vivaria ideas. However, sadly, the traffic on the caudate sections is...well.....dead.

Yes it has died off a bit thats why I am hoping to get some more people interested. I know that there are still people visiting the forum as well as a lot of the reptile keepers on there also have caudates, so feel free to post and Im sure they will answer you. There is a wealth of knowledge on there also that I hope people hoping to set up outdoors will be able to draw from.

Re: Weight loss unfortunately that has nothing to do with me! Thats the price that must be paid for a free forum!

outdoorvivaria

Reaction score
Those vivariums are awesome..but I only have 1 question....

How do I lose the 46 lbs!?!?

Youll have to ask John Im afraid I didnt visit those sites!

Very sorry to hear that that is all John learned from a very informative forum! The only one of its kind with an absolute wealth of knowledge, photographs and design around the subject of outdoor vivaria.

Shizeric

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
He didn't say that's all he learned...he said that's the FIRST thing he learned...which makes me believe he must have learned at least 1 other thing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1