Paludarium project

Jausi

Reaction score
Country
Bolivia
Display Name
Jausi
Hello guys this is an update of how ism y proyect doing, I made the misteake of use corkboard instead of real cork and after a week being soak in water it finally came off, I'm using concret for the structure, I already builded the small structures wich I seal with concret sealant to stop the leaching of calcium I also mix the concret with concret aditive (supposed to help to stop the leaching of calcium), I'll do water changes weekly, I also add fish to have ready for plants, here are some pics, enjoy and pls let me know your thoughs.

Does any one know where can I get a fog machine, or how to build one from a Humidifier?

Attachments

Jausi

Reaction score
Country
Bolivia
Display Name
Jausi
more pic the guy above is a friend who's helping me

Attachments

jett862

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks cool, what sort of structure are you making?

Jausi

Reaction score
Country
Bolivia
Display Name
Jausi
Thank's!!!

I building a structure to hold plants will also have a water fall, it will be for fire belly toads, we're in the last steps to finish it , will up loan more pic when we're done :D

morphman

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi

I just noticed this thread is yours. That does look nice. I was wondering though why you are using concrete. It is a lot of work & will add enormous weight to your tank. I am not sure what is available where you are but here you can get expanding foam that works amazingly for these kind of setups. It is strong & extremely lightweight. It is what I used to create my background on which I mounted mu wood peices. It is also easy to just put silicone on it & add a layer of coco fibre and you got yourself a natural background on which you can plant moss, ferns, etc. I hope this helps & if you need anything let me know.

GOOD LUCK !!!;)

Jausi

Reaction score
Country
Bolivia
Display Name
Jausi
Hello and thanks for the advise, I the biggining I thought to use the great stuff (expanding foam), but I was told it was a little messe to work with, so I desided to use concret, as you mention my main concern is the weight of the structure, and since the main structure is almost done it seem that the tank wont break, but I might have to find some help to put it inside of the 285 liter tank (75 gallon) and the fill the tank with water.:eek:

I'll will post more pic to show you how I deal with this, wish me luck everybody!!!!:D

morphman

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Learning process.

Good luck & if you have any questions feel free to ask.:uhoh:

Jausi

Reaction score
Country
Bolivia
Display Name
Jausi
Helos guys her are more pics fropm the main structure, wich is almost done, lasting to do is the land area :blob:

wish me luck

next step getting the structure into the tank :eek:

Attachments

Jausi

Reaction score
Country
Bolivia
Display Name
Jausi
hahaha

hello well the tank wont be full with water just half tank, and before I place the structure I will seal the concret with a few coats of concret sealent to control the leaching of calcium, as right now the tank has two other structures wich I already sealed, I also add fish (mollys, platys and guppies) the're doing fine infact they started breeding (specially guppies :D)

Jausi

Reaction score
Country
Bolivia
Display Name
Jausi
I was thinking to add fire belly toads to the paludarium, can any one give me some other options that might live well in my paludarium?

oregon newt

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Will
Can you post some pictures of the completed stucture? I love lookig at pictures!:D

Jausi

Reaction score
Country
Bolivia
Display Name
Jausi
Re: Paludarium proyect

Hello Guys just an update of my proyect, last week I bought the fogger from a pond store, I tested in th tank and is looking good, Since the weater is been kind this couple days I'm been able to seal the main structure, today I planted the first bromeliad in one of the other structures and another fern in the other structure, here some pic, how is looking wright now, the water got a little messi and cloudy, question I'm planing to buy some FBT this weekend, the tank already have guppies, platys and mollies, all of the are breeding and I was hoping to use them as source of food for my toads, the temperature for the water is 80F, what do you guys think??, any advise or comments wiil be really apreciated

Attachments

Jausi

Reaction score
Country
Bolivia
Display Name
Jausi
Re: Paludarium proyect

Hello guys!!!!,

FINALLY the main structure is in the tank, too bad it was too big and I run out of space for the other two structures, here are some pics fromt the tank and the toads.

I hope you guys like it (only thing missing is to add plants and cork in the back wall)

Attachments

oregon newt

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Will
I like it. What species do you have in there? Are you sure thier compatable?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • (Guest) Taro Tea:
    I just got this new axolotl and I didn't cycle the water because the pet store guys said I didn't have to but now I know I have to
  • (Guest) Taro Tea:
    Will anything happen to my axolotl??
  • Mother of Dragons:
    keep adding prime everyday for a week and your axolotl should be ok
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Guest guy has joined the room.
  • (Guest) guy:
    hey
  • sde:
    Caudata.org chat? Haven’t seen this in years
    +1
    Unlike
  • Dougie:
    @sde, hi everybody I'm getting a tiger salamander coming from Katy Texas what are the shipping conditions that's okay to have them shipped to me in the state of Vermont it's just starting to get the temperature low above 45 but it may be too hot to ship him any thoughts or ideas on how to work this out
    +1
    Unlike
  • newtmember:
    as long as its not freezing they should ship fine. I usually ship mine in 2 days priorities like axolotl. insulation and some cold pack. Is this morphed or still a larvae?
    +1
    Unlike
  • macmac194:
    Greetings I have a quaratined tiger salamander due to not feeding and feeling lethargic. I saw a slimy green stuff inside the enclosure. Is this vomit? Poop?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Jjrio421:
    Are you still looking to rehome any of your axolotl babies?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Guest nagato has joined the room.
  • (Guest) nagato:
    Does anybody know where or who to buy danube crested newts from?
  • Mother of Dragons:
    Anyone in the DMV area looking for juvenile axolotls? I have several morphs available. Experienced owners and pickup only please.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Guest axmaolotl has joined the room.
  • Ariania Lee-Ann:
    I currently have a 3 year old axolotl, he hasn't been eating for the past couple of weeks and has lost a lot of weight. Hedwig usually eats bloodworms and earthworms just fine but now he won't even stud it. I've done a water change to make his nitrate lower and his water is at a good temperature
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Guest zippy has joined the room.
  • (Guest) zippy:
    what substrate is he on?
  • Linkisnotzelda:
    Are any of you guys on Quora? I’ve started an axolotl space there and am looking for people interested in helping out!
    +1
    Unlike
  • KarateKid08:
    I am wanting a spotted or tiger salamander and I was wondering how often to feed, what the best feeders would be and how many fed per feeding session.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    KarateKid08 has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    KarateKid08 has joined the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • newtboi:
    Can I has alpine newts pls
    +1
    Unlike
  • ndbug:
    Any ambystoma breeders looking for californiense
    +1
    Unlike
  • axolotl owner2020:
    does anybody have any information on homemade baby axolotl food?
    +1
    Unlike
  • axolotl owner2020:
    I have an earthworm farm, and a tight budget.
    +1
    Unlike
    axolotl owner2020: I have an earthworm farm, and a tight budget. +1