Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Penetrative Injury

Arieberry

Reaction score
Hello,
I really don't know what ro do with this guy but he somehow managed to give himself a pretty deep and serious penetrative injury on his head. I've taken all the decorations about and am struggling to find the cause, but don't know how to help him recover.
I discovered the injury yesterday and have started tea baths. His water parameters are fine and water is flowing slow. He hasn't been eating and when he swims its a bit erratic, but he always seems to swim erratically (?). I've posted a picture. The swelling has at least gone down a bit, but it also is a deep injury and goes down farther than the picture shows. His gills had been curled in earlier but have since relaxed back out. If there's anything else I can do, please let me know.
received_444031860684367.jpeg

Autistic Catholic

Reaction score
The tea baths should prevent infection. Axolotls can regrow even parts of their brain. How's he doing now?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!