Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo Competition - 2013 Caudata.org Calendar

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Alright, to get the judging ball rolling, the first 10 members to Private Message me can be judges of both competitions. Keep in mind that if you entered the competitions, you can't vote for your own photos, so it might be a slight disadvantage to winning if you ask to be a judge!

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Still have some judging spots available - send me a private message.

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
The entries for the 2013 Calendar Competition are now posted here (still uploading as of this post). Judging will take place over the next 10 days. If you entered and your photos are not present, you were notified via email what the problem was (and given the option of fixing the problem).

Please note! As always, any judge who entered the competition can't vote for their own photos (so technically they are at a disadvantage).

My entries met requirements asked for and are not listed on the entries thread, I haven't received any email either as regarding being notified if they were unacceptable or given an option either.

Are they yet be up-loaded or has there been a problem with the 4 of them?

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
My entries met requirements asked for and are not listed on the entries thread, I haven't received any email either as regarding being notified if they were unacceptable or given an option either.

Are they yet be up-loaded or has there been a problem with the 4 of them?
That's odd, I prepped them for upload. I'll fix the problem tonight. Sorry for the oversight.

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
That's odd, I prepped them for upload. I'll fix the problem tonight. Sorry for the oversight.

That's ok John! :) Not a problem, just thought that maybe I had sent them to the wrong email or something! :rolleyes:

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I've added 3 of your 4 photos. Really, 3 of those photos are variations on the same photo.

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
I've added 3 of your 4 photos. Really, 3 of those photos are variations on the same photo.

Did you not get a fifth one of a Eastern Tiger Salamander? And yeah those 3 photos I couldn't really decide on so thought I would leave it up to everyone else as to which was better haha

mikeg

Reaction score
wish i could still entire the contest i was taking pics the other day of my little guys and some of them are just to cute. any chance i could still entire?

MarioR

Reaction score
Three weeks till 2013...

Will the new calendar be ready soon? I would like to have it before 2013 here in Germany :happy:

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen, your top 13 photos are (Mario and Mark A-T tied for the most votes for a photo):

Mario Riedling - MarioR - Hynobius leechii
Mark Aartse Tuyn - Ichtyosaura alpestris apuanus
John Clare - Desmognathus quadramaculatus
Laura Tiemann - Speleomantes imperialis juvenile
John Clare - Plethodon jordani
Todd Pierson - Eurycea lucifuga
John Clare - Gyrinophilus porphyriticus danielsi
Lydia Porter - firedreams - Triturus marmoratus
Mark Aartse Tuyn - Ommatotriton ophryticus
Laura Tiemann - Lyciasalamandra luschani
Lydia Porter - firedreams - Paramesotriton chinensis 1
Tim Herman - Bolitoglossa dofleini
Todd Pierson - Cryptobranchus alleganiensis

Calendars will be available in the next 24 hours (sorry for the delay!). Congratulations to the winners and many thanks to everyone who participated. And lastly, thanks to everyone who volunteered to judge!

PS: Just a reminder that none of the judges were able to vote for any of their own photos (though most of the judges didn't enter the competition this year. I didn't judge this year either).

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll follow up with a thread for the winners of both calendars.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A BIG thank you to John for running the competition this year. I've been going through a rather hectic career change and didn't think I'd have time to manage it this year. Things are settling down now so I should be back on calendar duty next year.

Thanks for the votes.:happy:

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm always slow, but I get there in the end :p.

scooty16

Reaction score
Yes, thank you John! Cannot wait to see the finished product :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1