Photo of my new boy: Mulac

H

halszka

I went to Veba's yesterday looking for bettas (siamese fighter fish) and couldn't help myself when I saw this not so little guy. I know several people have axies of this colour but it's just so unusual! Is it a separate colour or just a variation?

Anyway, meet Mulac
happy.gif

38832.jpg

Gorgeous axie and colour! i think this is just one of the many variations of the wildtype colour but i think it is one of the rarer variations.
happy.gif

Halszka - Very nice find. If I saw it I would have had to of taken it home too.

If he's a variation of wildtype, that would make him a blond!!
biggrin.gif

oh what a lovely little axie! I know too well the "and I couldn't help myself" speech. I too have been keeping my eye out for a brown/tan variation for ages. Got one yesterday after the usual round of convincing you put yourself through...
awww but he's so cute, and little, and he's all on his own.... he's lonely, and i haven't seen one that color before, better take him home then, do I have room? of course, I'll make room.... and so on.
Good luck with Mulac.

Addictive aren't they
lol.gif
. I was in Veba's last week and they had quite a few interesting colour types in there to choose from. They actually appeared pretty healthy too. Nice pick.

PS. Who was Mulac then?

(Message edited by waltona on July 07, 2005)

He’s definitely a boy I love his color good on you for getting him

Mulac's name is from Maya mythology. He is one of the Bacabs, the four sons who held up the sky in each direction, Mulac being the one who held up the north
happy.gif

And oh oh.. I just found a bunch of spermatophores in my tank too and vacuumed them all up lol! Mulac is all grown up but I think my girlies are too young to have eggs. They don't look as round as your egg-laying axie, Anne-Marie, and are a fair bit shorter...

im not surprised that the axie came from vebas as everytime i go in there they always seem to have really healthy, weird coloured axies. mulac is very nice and reminds me of my male, oliver, which is that same colour. did any of u guys that go to vebas know that they import special axie antibotics from overseas. oliver had an internal problem and they gave me some of that stuff and within two treatments, 6 days, oliver was better and began eating regularly again. even the fridge wouldnt cure him. i got my white axie, marilyn, from vebas.

Vanessa - what is the name of the antibiotic they had to give to Oliver?

i dont know but it was a yellow powder and it turned the water yellow too. i was a little skeptical of getting it at first because i thought that it would have been made for fish but then they told me that it was especially made for axolotls.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back