Please Identify me ...

roadmonkeytj

Reaction score
Country
United States
This Salamander was a rescue ... Sort of ... was half dried out and stuck to the fresh tar on the road ... Wife brought it home ... We think it's a female by what I've read but I can't seem to figure out what type (she) is.
Facts:
Black in color
White to yellow spots in no form of a patern on sides only
Underbelly and arms more of a slate to black color
Has recently shed skin if that makes a difference
Found in Northeastern Indiana near Ohio boarder.
Mild demeaner not agressive unless your a cricket.
Very active both day and night.

Will update with a picture tomorrow.

Found a picture on the phone.

Attachments

• 20151009_123755.jpg
    20151009_123755.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 126
Tiger salamander. Could you post pictures of the set-up?

EDIT: Also, crickets aren't very nutritious, I would start feeding it Canadian night-crawlers

Tiger salamander. Could you post pictures of the set-up?

EDIT: Also, crickets aren't very nutritious, I would start feeding it Canadian night-crawlers

So even though It doesn't have the stripes that most tigers have?
I already had the crickets on hand for other animals.
It is a temp. setup with what I had on hand from my other reptile tanks.
10 gal coconut bedding with a pie lid to simulate a pond air stone and a old fake log from a fish tank to give it a hiding spot.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back