Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Please sign petition to stop the salamander/newt ban

Sith the turtle

Reaction score
We all know, in fact, I'm the one who started the petition. Looking to help the hobby, as I still have my A.mavitorium and N.viridescens back in GA. Me and my dad are still looking for a way that we could ship them out, and the most likely scenario involves us shipping to someone who can ship to Jordan. But enough of my rant, thank you, and try to get the word out there!

Sith the turtle

Reaction score
They are, but if they're going to be the only salamanders legal to ship (Pretty much, there are loop-holes, eggs for example) that'll put more pressure on Ambystoma, especially one that's unique like Pirate's eye. If the law passes though, I can't get the N.viridescens out, they'll have to stay there unless someone in GA can ship to Jordan

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
USFWS will not listen to a petition. Please make an informed comment using their comment service.

Sith the turtle

Reaction score
I already have made a formal comment, but I wanted to do more, so I made the petition to inform people who don't know or care about the ban to show that they support it, and another place to get the links if they don't have them

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1