polymer clay axolotl hide!

axolotl nerd

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
ren
here’s my hide work in progress, it’s quite large and meant to resemble a bit of coral. i plan on adding more little pores soon, then grieing it so it’s nice and smooth for my girl jello!!
EEC53DB0-A466-43E4-8E16-9894CF7CD5F6.jpeg

thats pretty epic!! i didnt know you can use polymer clay. thats pretty cool!

aw thanks! i’ve used it before with no problem, it actually grows algae really well for shrimp if you’re interested :)

sounds like i might be making some custom hides! :D

finished and placed in her tank!
keep in mind the setup is temporary at best and she is moving out soon, ergo fake plants
also, ignore the biofilm on the driftwood

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 168
oof, you may want to do a water change and transition into bare bottom, just a suggestion because when I got rid of my sand it made my tank waaayyy less cloudy

oof, you may want to do a water change and transition into bare bottom, just a suggestion because when I got rid of my sand it made my tank waaayyy less cloudy
she’s ridiculous and her tank is always cloudy despite frequent water changes :/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back