Possible heating and humidity technique?

MVM1991

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, if your here, you may be wondering, 'Why on earth do you need a heating system for salamanders? Do you live in a freezer?' The answer, quite simply, is no, I do not liberal in a freezer. I do however have a green anole, and technically that isn't a salamander (At all actually). But I am aware people on this site also have reptiles and tropical frogs, who do need it in the upper 70s or above and need good humidity. This is for them, or at least, it will be. I was wondering how I could possibly keep my anoles humidity up easier, I don't have a humidifier and the amount of water needed to mist his tank is ridiculous, so I dove into my old reptile keeping books, and found a possible answer...in a snake book. The instructions were quite simple, take a large jar, fill it with water, and put an aquarium heater in it. I am currently trying it out and will report back soon to post results!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back