Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Possible setup???

A

alex

Hi all
this is my setup for my FBTs, haven add in the water dish, but u can see the empty space at the right of the tank

a few questions, is just a water dish sufficient?
and if the temp of the vivarium reaches 32 degrees is it too hot for the cute buggers???

thanks

31577.jpg

31578.jpg

31579.jpg

pollywog

Reaction score
A water dish will be fine, as for the temps 32C is very high, last summer the temps got up to 28C for a week or so in my frog room and they did ok but normally they seem to be happiest at 20-22C.

A

alex

the high temp is due to the fact i cover the top of the tank to maintain humidity, think i go get a thermometer first then to make sure the temp is safe first and also maybe get a planted tank fan to lower to ard 27 degrees
thanks dude

J

jeff

A suggestion if I may- FBTs love water. I have 7 in a terrarium that consists of 2/3 water and only 1/3 land. I'd say they spend at least 75% of the time in the water. I'd make at least a 50/50 set-up with 3-4" of water if possible. Also, 32C/90F is a bit high for the toads. I'd say 70-77 would be an optimal range for them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!