Pothos

J

jesse

hello every one,
i am thinking about adding plants to some of my caudates tanks. I have heard that the pothos plant is a very good plant, being able to grow totally submerged under water, floating on the surface, and on dry land. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience using this plant in their setups
all help appreciated,
Jesse Horne

Hi Jesse,

I've had lots of pothos, queen & marbled primarily. Grown in planters. Occasionally a stem gets broken and I'll drop it into a fish tank until it sprouts roots.

I even didn't notice that the plant hanging over a tropical fish tank has grown and was hanging in the water. That too sprouted roots. The two types I have have huge leaves and I don't like the way they look in my terrariums, but I was thinking that the big leaves would be great for the axos to lay on (apparently they enjoy this) and so I was going to drop a couple of stems into their tanks.

If it helps I've never heard of these plants causing any harm.

Come to think of it... I've got a couple of spiderling plantlets that could use a tank to sprout roots too.....

Sharon

I have pothos growing in my terrestrial pac-man frog setup. Never tried it with any of the sals. It grows like a weed though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back