Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Preparing for my axolotl

Bran

Reaction score
Hello! I’m very new here and I’ll love to introduce my self as Brandon! I’m beginning the process of setting up my 20 gal long aquarium for my new axolotl friend that’ll be coming in a month or two! I’m use to owning pet fish and setting aquariums for saltwater fish in the past but I’m very new to the axolotl community and before I purchase one I would like to have a good understanding on what to get and what to do so my little friend has a good home. I’m planning on only having one axolotl and possibly having cherry shrimp in his aquarium. I’m also planning on buying a chiller due to me living in Arizona and it just seems extremely hard to cool that water without one. Any recommendations on which one to get and pointers on what to do to prepare? I won’t be getting one until my aquarium cycle is finished and I have good, healthy water for the little guy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!