Purple/Lavendar Axolots?

Someone

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is this a true color variety? Anyone have experience with this color? Someone is selling some that they claim are this color and she wants $250 a piece. :confused:

I'm asking because I'm interested in buying one but I've never actually seen one until now.

I guess a picture would have been helpful. I'm told the one on the left is an adult purple and the babies are purple and gfp purple.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 281
That is an interesting question. Many "types" that have been around for years are being line bred and have been given new names. With axolotls I would say if you really like it get it. Don't expect you will be able to sell the babies for what you pay for yours.

'Purple' axolotls are often axanthic. I would say $250 was a little steep, but it all depends on supply and demand - if she can sell them at that price she will.

$250 is a crazy price I've just raised and sold purple and yellow spotty ones for $30 each as long as there good homes, i think someone is trying to make a $

$250 is a crazy price I've just raised and sold purple and yellow spotty ones for $30 each as long as there good homes, i think someone is trying to make a $

You are in Australia. The price of something in Australia that can't be sent to the U.S. doesn't really impact on the cost of something in the U.S.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back