Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Quiksilver and Wee-Man

S

selena

Just thought I'd share my happy family with the world.
33748.jpg

The one on the left is Wee-Man (Who could well be female, we just haven't managed to work it out yet), and on the right is Quiksilver (Again still not sure on the gender). We've had Quiksilver just over a year now and Wee-Man we got just before Christmas.
They live happily together and Quiksilver was more than happy to have a friend. They don't interact together too much, but they don't fight at all.
Wee-Man is the 3 fingered freak, and Quiksilver is the TV watching poser and loves the camera.
Anyways... this site is awesome and it's great to finally be able to talk to other people about axolotls without getting the response of "axo-what?"!

C

cynthia

I love the coloring on Quicksilvers gills!

Good looking axolotls
happy.gif
Welcome to the forum.

C

claire

i was just about to say the same about quicksilvers gills Cynthia! lol. they are absoloutely gorgeous! and yeah qucksilver looks like a definate poser!!! my 2 are posers too! bless them!
you say wee-man is a 3 fingered freak...i see on 'his' back legs he only has 4 toes instead of 5! wow freak axies are cool! my female has an extra toe on one of her front feet and a toe growing out the side of another toe on one her back feet! bless!

S

selena

Wee-Man has 5 toes, the other one is just hiding in the sand.
No idea why Quiksilvers gills are the colour they are. He started off the same as Wee-Man, and just got the blueness as he got older and bigger. Quiksilvers gills go even redder if I give him the occasional treat of calves liver.

C

claire

oh sorry for the mistake.
happy.gif
. the axies at my college have the same colour gills. they are the piebald colouration and are gorgeous! there are pics of them both in a thread called college axies or something or other!
happy.gif

ps the pic in your avatar (or however you spell it) is adorable!

C

claire

lol.its called an avatar or something...its the pic that is at the side under your name...i hadnt heard of it until my friend told me what it was called about a month ago!lol.

S

selena

I get it. Well here it is in it's full glory.
33877.jpg

He even looks like he's smiling.
I love that picture. I wanna get it blown up to be a poster at some point. He's such a poser.

Here's a pretty cute pic of Wee-Man too.
33878.jpg

No idea how he managed to get sand on his head.

C

claire

aww i love that pic.looks even better when its bigger!and that pic of wee-man is so cute too!bless.i hope to get more cute pics of my 2 axies at the weekend!
happy.gif

A

anne-marie

Hey Selena, you've done well. Really nice colour combo. I love the white leucistics, they change shade every time you look at them (well, almost).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!