Raising CFBN larvae this way?

Zhinigami

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hello!
one of my fire belly newt recently started to lay eggs and they have hatched succesfully, however i dont really know how to care for them but i got a idea and i wonder if you think that it might work?

i got a aquarie where i got some smooth newts and i thought that if i move them and fill it with water from my CFBN aquaria and some pond water/sand and some plants and stones they might feel at home in it.
it got a lamp in the aquaria im moving them too and if i let it be on 12/12 of the time there will hopefully be a lots of daphnia and stuff which also will like it.

im sorry for my bad english and that the explantion isnt very deep but please come with tips and thoughts!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back