Rehoming Axolotl in NC

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking to rehome my axolotl!

I have a 4-5 year old 9” female spotted leucistic axolotl I am tentatively looking to rehome. I have started nursing school and am too busy to give her the attention she deserves. I really love her, and it breaks my heart that I have to rehome her. I adopted her as a teenager before I planned on nursing school and now I just can’t care for her.

She comes with:

-20g long tank with handmade metal mesh tank cover
-mini canister filter, I think it’s from TOM rapids, clay rings and carbon wool media. Fully cycled.
-turkey vaster for scooping poop
-little clay feeding dish I made
-Thermometer
-Black sand, covers bottom about 1-2”
-3 bags of salmon pellets
-Water test kits, dechlorinator, and alkaline buffer
-ice cube tray
-water suction hose thingy to empty tank
-a few plants
-a plastic driftwood hide
-bucket and pitcher for emptying tank when changing water

Asking $150 for all. That’s less than I spent originally. I will consider offers as long as you are still able to meet the other criteria of knowledge and experience.

If you want certain items separately I would consider that.

I live in Western NC (PM for zip code). Because of the tank, I cannot ship, you will have to pick everything up yourself.

PM me if you’re interested!

Attachments

• D55188B7-E7C9-46AE-857F-54B17E7FDCC9.jpeg
    D55188B7-E7C9-46AE-857F-54B17E7FDCC9.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 167
  • D43CC044-4161-4230-BB79-A4AA85723EFE.jpeg
    D43CC044-4161-4230-BB79-A4AA85723EFE.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 1104CDF3-EFA8-4FB7-BF3D-4269CCF3792E.jpeg
    1104CDF3-EFA8-4FB7-BF3D-4269CCF3792E.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back