Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

"Researchers discover rare salamander eggs in Texas spring" By JOSHUA RAPP LEARN June 7, 2021

Creekratt

Reaction score
Linda Moon and her colleagues from the Edwards Aquifer Authority(EAA) were snorkeling in a spring fed by the Edward Aquifer looking for salamanders. She flipped a rock and found two bead sized milky clear balls. These are the first two eggs of the Comal Spring salamander eggs found in the wild. Credit: Linda Moon,USFWS. In a study published recently by Ecosphere, the researchers describe how the two Comal Spring salamander eggs hatch. One male and one female. Comal Spring salamander (Eurycea pterophilia) Joshua Rapp Learn is a science writer for the Wildlife Society he can be contacted: jlearn@wildlife.org with any questions or comments about his article. I do apologize for any credit due, not mentioned. I also apologize for any missing photos that do accompany this article. I'm not quit sure how to download photos to my tablet. I also apologize for my ignorance in not setting this thread up as John suggest. Sorry John to have donkified this. I did my best sir.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BrodieBAxolotls: Axolotl eggs for sale!!! PM +1