Rococo toads?

I see one picture shown that looks to be a Rococo. I have a female. From what I understand the female's skin is softer to the touch than that of a male. I have to guess that a photo of either soft or rougher skin is hard to see. Other things to go by would be the size when they're adults (females are much larger) and also to listen if they croak or not. I wish that I could help you more, but there's very little out there on this particular toad. Still, they are the greatest pets ever!

I managed to sex them as soon as i got them. THe skin texture is very different, females are smooth with a rew rounded warts, while males are very spiky, as they have more warts, and the black tips to the warts.
The females are very brightly coloured, with the usual dark brown background, with yellow pattersn all over it. The femals also have brighter red ridges on its head.
THe males have much more character though, as the females are very shy. The males are very confident when it comes to hand feeding, and will try and eat me whenever my hand is in the viv!

As for size, my biggest and smallest are the females!

thanks

AJfr0ggy

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back