"Rubber" plant?

A

adam

20648.jpg

I absolutely love the look of this plant. Although its roots appear to be more "wood"-like, I'm wondering if this would take to the gravel in my tank as shown here:

20649.jpg

Thanks.

Thats a jade plant, and I believe they require more arid conditions. They are not aquatic. It would die and rot if the roots were left submerged. I keep one in the unmisted side of my pacman toad enclosure, and it does well in the hot, semi-dry soil.

(Message edited by kaysie on August 16, 2004)

Kaysie is right- they require the soil to dry completely before watering or the fine roots jade has, will quickly rot. Also the need some direct sunlight, otherwise they grow spindely, like the one you have pictured

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back