Salt bath and Collodial Silver - Both safe for salamander treatment?

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Are salth baths and colodial silver safe to treat skin condition on Tiger Salamanders?
Salt baths are used for axies, but cant find if its safe for salamanders? Thanks.

see attachment

Attachments

• Amphibians - Brent R. Whitaker.pdf
    579.3 KB · Views: 29
Thank you. Unfortunately it dosent seem to tell much about my 2 questions of possible treatments. Just 4 stats noted within Hematology regarding Tiger Salamander with a body weight of 25 grams. I cant really make anything out from it. My female has 2 humps on her tail (made thread with photo a while ago), but lack the money for vetenarian care so hope that there at least is anything I can do to help her besides quarantine her and change her water more often. So perhaps anyone actually has positive results of any sort of treatment of Tiger Salamanders in the past and like to share.

the majority of treatments for tiger salamanders are the same as axolotls due to similarities and a large proportion of axolotls being hybridised with tiger salamanders (also a lot of treatments, parameters etc.. were based on tiger salamanders before axolotls)
can't find any information regarding colodial silver in any veterinary books (there is a few bits on internet including a mention on this site) but silver sulfadiazine (silvadene cream) can be use to treat epidermal ulcers.

Thats great, thanks. I am rubbing the end of a q-tip that I dipped in destilled salt water now on her tail, and keeping an eye on the development on her humps. If I were younger i probably wouldnt be able to resist popping them, just to get rid of pressure. But my Tiger shows no signs of pain while im rubbing the saltwater witch is nice. Thank you again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back