Setups

A simple, functional set-up may cost you nothing at all. If you want a nice, showy one for a living room and add some high tech your expenses will go up...

Let's take a "simple" example: (local retail)

10G Tank = $8.99
Fluorescent fixture = $29.99
Screen Mesh Top = $10.99
Moss = $7.99 (nice size)
Soil Mixture = $8.99 (nice mix w/ moss etc.)
Spray bottle = $1.99
Hideout = $4.99
Neurergus crocatus Import = $1,000.00 (LOL)

*If you went with Incandescent fixture, you would save $11.00 and would HEAT/Dry up tank fast.

Steve

p.s. Did i really spend that much? OUCH, I must really like sallies. I won't go into my 20L's

Thanks for that, now all i have to do is catch the little things and save up for the setup!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back