Should I euthanize and if so how?

cowmug

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
My axie that I've had for about 10 years now has been bloating constantly and I've had to make more and more frequent vet trips to get him drained. He was diagnosed with liver failure and now sometimes has trouble staying on the bottom of his tank. Is there anything I can do for him or hopefully help him recover in some way? I don't want him to suffer and if it has to come to euthanasia I want to know.

if you feel like he is unhappy euthanasia would be the kindest choice. Did the vet say what could be causing the bloating?

The vet said liver failure
The bloating is caused by liver failure? In that case I think the kindest thing would be euthanizing him unfortunately. I’m not sure how to do it, your vet might? I am sorry😔

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back