Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Show me or tell about your axys?

SheFoxy

Reaction score
I'd really love to see other peoples axys! I'll post some pictures of mine too!

Currently I have 3! Snufkin and Toothless are siblings and are 7.5 inches both are very dark wild types. Navi is my 3 inch baby who lives in her own tank in my room, she's a melanoid.

Snufkin has a extra leg that he got from Toothless biting him the same day they got put in their 20 gallon tank. Toothless is really aggressive and she really likes to watch me when I'm near the tank.

Swag

Reaction score
11232998_10153623048946155_6643628053921356436_o.jpg

My latest baby. Excuse the dirty tank, was taken in between a water change so there was debris everywhere. He's a copper, not sure what to name him yet. He's like 2.5" inches, tiny little guy.

ThatNewGuy

Reaction score
296957f70499e8188b265aa20924441e.jpg
not sure of the picture posted, this is my female wild type, her name is Xya she's bout 6 months old maybe a little older, and she has a sister named Luna
23161adabc55871305749925a4886363.jpg
whom I assume is also 6months, hope the pics post.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1