Sick Newt

Rambro

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have 4 Taricha Riviularis. I noticed this morning one has a swelled mouth. It Looks like his tounge is swelled big time? (poor guy)
any help would be great PLEASE.

Could you post some pics? it's very hard to offer advice without seeing what's going on.

I attached 1 photo...took all day :eek:
he seems active like nothings wong..but it looks a little better today i guess.
salt bath ? not sure what else.

Attachments

• 0918171958.jpg
    0918171958.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 127
No, not a salt bath. I wonder if he has something stuck in his mouth. I have seen my newts look like that occasionally and it goes away later in the day, like they have food in there or something . Keep watching him.

I had this happen to a Taricha granulosa of mine, i have no idea why. It went away in a day or two. May i ask where you got these rivularis?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back