Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Simulating winter?

frogman

Reaction score
I have been keeping fire bellied toads for 2 years now very successfully and i feel that they should be my first breeding project. I have already started and just finished simulating Spring, Summer, Fall and now i am on to Winter. I have read the breeding article by posted Findi many times and I think i should dump a thing of ice on their tank twice a day and it has worked so far. What do others do???

frasertheking

Reaction score
i had them when i was young in my room. noisey buggers haha
mines spawned without any help, they were in my room in the loft but had a heater so the temp should not have changed at all. i just had about 6 in a tank and one day came home to one drowned frog and spawn. not that any off that helps just something to watch for
Fraser

Jari B

Reaction score
I have them all year in the livingroom at the same temperature but close to a window so they have the light changes in the seasons. In the spring when we change the water frequently to cold water they start to breed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!